Who we are

We are a group of individuals concerned about global warming, living in Nenagh, Co Tipperary and surrounding areas. We believe that all of us in Ireland and other advanced societies must urgently reduce emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in order to avoid catastrophic global warming of more than 2degC. Our aims are: 1st - To support each other in our efforts to reduce our own household’s carbon emissions, and 2nd - to promote in Nenagh and surrounding communities the changes in lifestyle necessary for all of us to flourish in a low-carbon future

Monday, May 25, 2009

Jim Casey - Response to local election questions

In reply to your letter received today.
  1. Yes I fully agree that all initiatives be supported in lowering carbon levels.
  2. I have supported wind farms through planning & policy and support biofuels also.
  3. I was part of the group who set up Cloughjordan country market and very much support concept.
  4. I am on committee in North Tipperary to support upgrading of rail line.
  5. As Chairman of Tipperary Energy Agency and the Association of Energy Agencies of Ireland I obviously support energy saving measures at all levels including public buildings and street lighting.
  6. Have not thought about reserved car parking spaces in towns and villages but with proper planning could be arranged.
  7. I tables notice of motion recently requesting that water harvesting should be a condition of planning. Regrettably was not supported by my colleagues on Council. I will continue to try.

PS As Chairman of the Energy Agencyies of Ireland and a supporter of Cloughjordan Sustainable Project from the begining my commitment to your ideals is already proven.

Keep up the good work

No comments:

Post a Comment